Australian Cricket has launched its next five-year strategy (2017-2022), which provides direction for the sport around the country.
Junior cricket is a key focus, particularly the roll-out of the new junior formats that will ensure children are enjoying the game more than ever, and staying engaged with us.
We will also be committing more funding to on-the-ground staff who provide direct assistance to clubs, and working hard with governments at all levels to upgrade cricket facilities.
We believe the following list represents the seven most important areas to focus on in cricket:
- Give fans what they want and grow the Big Bash
- Create the best participation experiences to grow junior cricket
- Deliver the best High Performance system for players
- Be the leading sport for women and girls
- Promote cricket to inspire love for the game
- Use technology to deliver great experiences for fans, participants and volunteers
- Maximise long-term sustainable revenue to drive investment in the game
You can read more about the strategy here.