It’s great to have cricket back with the Ashes in the UK. A great win overnight with Steve Smith on a roll, but his vulnerability once reaching 140s is a concern!
We have received unofficial confirmation that General David Hurley will accept our request to become our Patron. We await official word and at that point we can add his details onto our letterhead. I confirm that we have written to Sir Peter Cosgrave and thanked him for his support as patron whilst Governor General.
I am travelling to London at the weekend to attend the Lords Test. Next Monday I will be spending the day with The UK Taverners at a cricket game between The Yankee Wanderers and The Taverners. I will have significant time with Paul Robin the CEO and Tim Berg the COO. If you have any matters you would like me to raise, please let me know before I leave.
Below is a summary of what I have been working on
Upcoming Taverner Events
Events around Australia in the coming months include:
- Taverners ACT – AGM 3rd September 2019
- NNSW – 10th Birthday celebration in Lismore – weekend of 4th October 2019
- Taverners Victoria – Legends Dinner 16th October 2019
- Taverners ACT PM XI Dinner 23rd October followed by the T 20 against Sri Lanka the following day
- Taverners National body AGM Wednesday 20th November 2019 at 12 noon Melbourne time
- Taverners Conference Melbourne, 18 – 21 February 2020
- Tuesday welcome casual dinner
- Wednesday Conference, Possible Government House cocktails, followed by conference dinner
- Thursday, conference in the morning, LT Victoria dinner function with Kevin Sheedy in the evening
- Taverners ACT, 27th February 2020 – breakfast prior to Women’s T 20 World Cup game
More details can be found on the various branch web sites
The AGM and phone hook-up will be held on Wednesday 20th November at 12 noon Melbourne time. Please note the date for our phone hook-up. If you happen to be in Melbourne on the day the National body will meet at Cricket Australia for the phone hook-up.
We will provide dial in details closer to the date
Taverners Shield July 2019
We supported the Taverners Shield with $30,000. The carnival was a great success with Victoria ultimately winning over South Australia. We have had discussions again about how the tournament can be grown with more teams competing.
NCIC January 2020
We still do not have venue confirmed, but Geelong is still the favoured outcome – watch this space!
I provided a proposal from the Executive some weeks ago. I have not had any negative, nor positive for that matter, so, I take that as acceptance.
That being said, subs are now due and I would appreciate you forwarding the 20% of all subs received 1st July 2018 – 30th June 2019 to the National bank account, together with a short email showing membership subs for the year X 20% = payment made
Branch Web sites
I have reviewed a number of Taverner branch web sites lately. My observation would be that many require updating with very old events / messages and information having not been removed nor updated. I believe it is with each branch checking and updating!
The wine will be available during late October / early November once bottled and labelled. The first draft of the label is shown below.
The wine offering is:-
- 2014 McLaren Vale Shiraz and has spent 29 months in French oak hogsheads
- Sell at $228 per dozen, delivered within Australia
- Includes freight cost
- This wine, retails at $372 per dozen
- Profit rebate back to Taverner branches $50 per dozen for each dozen sold by branches
I suggest the branches start thinking about a cellar master to coordinate each branches sales and process to sell the wine
The Tavs Foundation is cracking on and some great donations already have been received, with others promised. The bank details are:-
BSB 033 106
Public Liability Insurance
I have forwarded the cover note to 31st August. A new certificate will follow late August.
If you wish to take out other insurance cover that becomes your branches responsibility.
Adelaide Test commencing 29th November 2019
I am working with CA and we are well progressed with activities.
The tin rattling is still work in progress. We are hoping to have some professional assistance and support. Sadly the Café at the Tennis Centre is not available this year as the Tennis Club is undergoing significant renovations.
I will have lots more to report in the next month I hope.
We have received our permit and tickets are at the printer. I will distribute them once I return from London, so early September at the latest.
Please appoint your raffle coordinators and advise of their details, if different from last year.
I also require membership lists in excel format please ASAP.
National Web Site
The site is now up and running. Enhancements are being made daily and will continue.